On 4 Feb 2003, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Die, 2003-02-04 at 19:36, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> > Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > Also, I think at least the r128 driver could use the same treatment, but
> > > we probably want to split COMMIT_RING() off ADVANCE_RING() as well for
> > > that, and I'm not sure rushing that in for 4.3.0 is a good idea.
> > > Opinions, also for the other drivers?
> >
> > The r128 probably still has the mb() in place at least.
>
> Yeah, maybe that avoids the worst problems, but it definitely wasn't
> enough for Chris.

At least with r128 PCI, I have seen lockups happen after a period of days.
When that happens, I see a sort of greenish bar of corrupted framebuffer
at the top of the screen.  Usually killing the server with
Ctl-Alt-Backspace works and I can restart X without a problem.  I've also
seen that with same behavior with AGP Radeon 7500 from time to time.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net