I've opened a new mach64 branch (mach64-0-0-6-branch), which has now been
updated from the current DRI trunk with X 4.2.99.2 and Mesa 5.x.  I've
updated the mach64 driver to Mesa 5 based on the changes to the Rage 128
driver.  Testing hasn't shown any problems so far.

I haven't adapted the mach64 drm to the os-independence changes yet.  I
could start this, but we are going to need a generic replacement for the
pci_alloc_consistent Linux interface.  I think it's probably best to hold
off on making that switch, pending the changes Jose has proposed:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel%40lists.sourceforge.net/msg08243.html

In the meantime, the drm can still be compiled and used from the old linux
kernel directory like the other drivers which have yet to be converted.

I'd recommend that people using the mach64-0-0-5-branch from CVS update to
this new branch and report any regressions or new bugs to the list.
Sometime in the next few weeks, I'll also be updating the GATOS Xvideo
patch available at the site in my sig.  Since the GATOS head is now based
on current XFree86 cvs, I may not have a new patch until 4.3.0 is released
and changes get propagated back to the DRI and GATOS trees.

--
Leif Delgass
http://www.retinalburn.net