Guido Landra wrote:
  Hi all,
This is my first post, be patient, please! :)

I'm reading radeon code on CVS.
In radeon_drm.h, on kernel side, I can see a lot of data structures already defined on client side in radeon_sarea.h.
They are about shared area, but also about data types used by IOCTLs and register defines.
They have same data members but sometimes different names.

Is there a specific need for this?
Can I simply define everything in one file and import it in both kernel and client components?

It would be nice & easy, wouldn't it. Unfortunately for us, XFree86 coding standards don't permit operating system files to be directly included in the drivers -- even when the portion of the operating system is being supplied by XFree86.

Keith