Brian Paul wrote:
Denis Oliver Kropp wrote:

What do you mean by "drivers not based on Mesa"?

ATI, for example, has Linux OpenGL drivers that use the DRI but don't use Mesa.

It seems to be common misconception that the DRI was designed around Mesa, but it's not.

Right, and the PowerVR driver as well. If we can account for DRI interfaces being used in the Mesa tree but outside of the "mesa" subdirectory proper, then it should be easier for IHV's to follow our changes possibly allowing for their OpenGL drivers to more easily plug into the various DRI window system bindings (GLX, mini-GLX, DirectFB & futures).

--
                               /\
         Jens Owen            /  \/\ _