Torgeir Veimo wrote:

I'm interested in trying the new OpenGL backend for Java3D, but it
requires GLX v 1.3 to be available, and I'm running DRI drivers on a
Radeon Mobility M7, where only GLX v 1.2 is available. See http://java.
sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/2d/new_features.html#ogl

D'oh...

There was some talk a few days ago on this list about GLX version
numbers, but I didn't follow that discussion. Anyone have any idea of
how to get GLX v 1.3 support with the dri drivers?

Write a bunch of code. There's currently no support for fbconfigs or pbuffers in any of the DRI code. There's a branch where work on this was being done, but it has fallen out of date with the trunk. I hope to bring it up to date this weekend. The goal of the current branch is to get fbconfigs working. That's shouldn't take /too much/ more work.

pbuffers are a totally different kettle of fish. There are some aspects of pbuffers that I don't fully understand that may make the implementation very difficult. Is it valid to bind a pbuffer to a direct context, unbind it, then rebind it to an indirect context? There's also the memory management issue, but I think that's solvable for the short-term without too much pain.

Sounds like a good topic for Monday's IRC meeting...

------------------------------------------------------- The SF.Net email is sponsored by EclipseCon 2004 Premiere Conference on Open Tools Development and Integration See the breadth of Eclipse activity. February 3-5 in Anaheim, CA. http://www.eclipsecon.org/osdn -- _______________________________________________ Dri-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dri-devel