How is "I" in the below page, I'd like to cc him on this...

--- Jacek Popławski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry if it is not best place to write about it, but I believe Doom3 is
> very
This is the place.  Unless your talking about an older application, then
I'd try the dri-users list first.

> important application, and many developers will be interested in testing
> it
It will be supported by both drivers, the question is when.  What was
needed is a release from ID.  Now that we have it, it's only a matter of
time.

> with DRI driver (linux client author wrote, that he hasn't tested it
> with DRI
> at all, and that it doesn't work with fglrx!). I wasn't able to test it
> yet, I
Funny, in the list of Minimum Specs it says "OpenGL hardware
acceleration".   This should(it would be nice if) be elaborated into
another section(maby a whole new page) with a list of REQUIERED and
optional OpenGL extentions.

There just happens to be a [1]thread on the diffrences of FGLRX and DRI
with an R200.  It contains a list of currently supported extentions for
both drivers.  The "I" person should/could look at the list and tell what
needs tobe done.

1. http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dri-devel&m=109654891412569&w=2