On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Michel [ISO-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

[ Please don't follow up just to me privately ]

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 14:26 +0100, Marcello Maggioni wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:02:37 -0500, Michel DÃnzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 20:50 +0100, Marcello Maggioni wrote:

I've a problem with lastest DRI (from CVS) drivers and Xscreensavers that use OpenGL.

I've tried nearly all of them , from "Bubble 3D" to "Rubik Cube" all
these simply flicker like hell when are executed .

If you're running them manually with -root, it's probably because the root window isn't double buffered. Otherwise, does disabling colour tiling or page flipping make a difference?

I run them from KDE Control Center [...]

IIRC some versions of KDE are known to be buggy in this regard.

Yep - if you start them from KDE they are all run without double buffering. (or at least this appeared to be so each time I tried)
I have no idea why.

Try running xscreensaver directly.

                           best

                              Vladimir Dergachev

--
Earthling Michel DÃnzer      |     Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer