2009/5/17 Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof...@poczta.fm>:
> On Sat, 16 May 2009 23:19:32 -0700
> Andrew Morton <a...@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 May 2009 08:17:43 +0200 Krzysztof Helt <krzysztof...@poczta.fm>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > This is not a regression. I have reproduced it in the 2.6.28 easily.
>>
>> hm, Dean's original report had
>>
>>     This does not occur in kernel 2.6.29 -- I can see the Tasmanian
>>     devil in a penguin mask (Tuz) just fine and can view images, etc on
>>     the framebuffer.
>>

> I can confirm that Tuz is also broken on my laptop (kernel v2.6.29).
> Maybe Dean had set different color depth ("vga=" parameter) for the older
> kernel?
>
> The dmesg output for the 2.6.29 would clear any doubts.

For me this is broken ever since 2.6.26 on a Mac Mini with all of
efifb/intelfb/vesafb but perhaps this is a different issue.

I will try to rebuild 2.6.29 with intelfb and the patch to see if that
makes a difference.

Currently efifb does give correct geometry but wrong colours for me,
the other framebuffers would also produce picture with wrong geometry
with 2.6.26.

Thanks

Michal