On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 08:49:21PM +0100, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> Is this possible reclocking memory in wrong moment (so missing VBLANK
> probably) cause lock up? I experienced few already, when I forced
> myself to use this code ignoring corruptions. Any other idea what can
> cause lock up? I'm 100% sure it's memory reclocking code related.

The first thing is that memory reclocking is definitely missing vblank
occasionally - but sometimes that's because the interrupt fires before
we get there, and sometimes it's because we're scheduled later. I have
some fixes for that. Other corruption is likely to be due to the engine
reclocking, which seems to also need to be done in vblank.

As far as the lockups go, I think this is due to memory access during
reclock. Nothing should be coming from the cp, but we may be getting
accesses from the crtc if we miss vblank (there's a bit in the crtc
control that can deal with this), but more importantly we're doing
nothing to prevent unaccelerated fallbacks touching vram during reclock.
I can provoke lockups more easily using x11perf which probably triggers
several of those, so I lean towards that being something we need to fix
before looking for other potential issues.

--
Matthew Garrett | mj...@srcf.ucam.org