[added linux-...@vger.kernel.org Cc]

Stephanie Wallick <stephanie.s.wall...@intel.com> writes:

> Media Agnostic (MA) USB enables the USB protocol to be used over a wide
> range of physical media. MA USB is a relatively new protocol and is
> currently unsupported in the Linux kernel. This patch set adds the
> following drivers with the following capabilities:
>
> 1) MA USB Host:
>         - provides functionality of a USB Host Controller.
>         - implements MA USB protocol for a MA USB host.
>         - provides MA USB packet transport over TCP
>
> 2) MA USB Device:
>         - provides functionality of a USB Device Controller.
>         - implements MA USB protocol for a MA USB device.
>         - provides MA USB packet transport over TCP

Nice.  But don't you think this deserves the attention of the linux-usb
mailing list?  Yes, Greg's attention is of course good to have too :-)
But  I believe this is of interest to more people, who might not read
everything on linux-kernel.

Has there been any thought/discussion about the relationship to the
existing usbip drivers, which just moved out of staging? Is a usbip
userspace compatibility layer feasible sometime in the future?

Bjørn