Hi Gaurav,
welcome!

I like to see this information stored in database so that you have less
concern about write/read lock and a more scalable solution when a hight
number of collections are availables (at the moment we are maintaining a
DSpace repository with more then 1000 collections).

I want to suggest a few things:
1) the role that is allowed to change the submission configuration
should be configurable in dspace.cfg (collection admin or system admin)
2) a collection could have more then one available "type of submission",
in this case the "select collection step" is required to ask to the user
which form has to be used
2.1) I think to the "type of submission" as a combination of exactly
one  form-definition and one submission-process
3) an "import configuration tool" should be provided for both: upgrade
and fast system admin management (an update mode should be useful but I
don't think that it is mandatory)

Andrea

gaurav kejriwal ha scritto:
> Dear Dspace Community,
> I have been selected for Google Summer of Code 2009 for my project on
> "Submission Enhancements" to work under the guidance of my mentors
> Claudia Juergen and Stuart Lewis.My project aims at developing UIs for
> the Dspace admins so that they can manage the input forms and
> submission workflow.Also the project aims at allowing item type based
> submission.More details can be found at the wiki page
> http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Google_Summer_of_Code_2009_Submission_Enhancements.
>
> To implement this,we can follow 2 approaches.Either we can manage the
> forms and submission work flow through db or just create a new updated
> inputforms.xml/item-submissions.xml file when the admin chooses the
> options through UI without disturbing the core database.
> I need the community to suggest which approach will be better
> considering future Dspace development.Please suggest which approach
> will be better to follow.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Gaurav

> Kodak, there's a perfect scanner to get the job done! With the NEW KODAK i700

Dott. Andrea Bollini
Project Manager, IT Architect & Systems Integrator
Sezione Servizi per le Biblioteche e l'Editoria Elettronica
CILEA, http://www.cilea.it
tel. +39 06-59292853
cel. +39 348-8277525

---

Disclaimer: the content of this email is confidential and may be privileged,
and it must not be disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. If you
have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it
from your system. The content of this email does not constitute legal advice,
nor any responsibility is accepted for loss or damage incurred as a result of
acting upon its contents or attachments.
The statements and opinions expressed in this email are those of the author and
do not necessarily reflect those of the employer.