Hi Richard,

I suspect you are attempting to run the build from the 'dspace' assembly
area.

The problem that we had with Maven 3 is that it did not like the duplicate
definition of the modules that occurred from being in the parent pom.xml,
and the profile definitions in the assembly project activating on the
presence of the other source modules.

It was agreed that to resolve this, we would remove the profiles / module
definitions from within the dspace assembly project. In order to build all
of the artifacts in a single command, you need to run 'mvn package' from the
parent directory - ie. the one that contains the 'dspace', 'dspace-api',
'dspace-jspui', etc. subdirectories / modules.

This change only occurred in the last week, so the documentation isn't up to
date yet for anyone expecting to build out of trunk.

Regards,