if the index are (all the segments from all the cores) in a 3.x version
of lucene, solr 4 is able to read them.
If you have a running copy of dspace 3.x you can just hit all the solr
cores for optimize
wget http://yoursolrurl[:port]/solr/search/update?optimize=true
wget http://yoursolrurl[:port]/solr/statistics/update?optimize=true

check also point 10 of the installation procedure
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC4x/Upgrading+From+3.x+to+4.0

hope this help,
Andrea

PS: if you still have issues please be sure to post the log of the solr
server both from solr.log* and catalina.out*

Il 21/01/2014 16.22, jnempu ha scritto:
> Hi guys, i understand that Dspace 4 works with solr 4. So i been
> upgrading since 1.4.2 version. So everything goes well up to 4 version
> upgrade. I run all commands like:
>
>    - dspace-index-init
>    - dspace-index-update
>    - dspace-discovery
>    - etc-
> , with no results. So the question is , how can i transfrom my old index
> into the new Solr4. The index in statics ara in 3.x version of lucene.
>
> Thanxs in advance.

Andrea Bollini
Dipartimento Servizi e Soluzioni per l'Amministrazione Universitaria
Divisione Ricerca

Via dei Tizii, 6
00185 Roma, Italy
tel. +39 06 44 486 087 - mob. +39 348 82 77 525
http://www.cineca.it