Hi,

What revision of the patch did you apply (the first one, or revised)?
And what OS are you using?

There are a couple of possibilities - something may be locked, or you
simply may not be able to rename the 'search.dir.create' to
'search.dir' (for example, going across drives).

I did include quite a few log messages - errors and warnings - are you
logging those levels?

That said, I'm just testing a further revision of the patch, that
combines some of Mark's code from #1613251. Specifically, it can create
a temporary directory in ${java.io.tmpdir} for test purposes or when
'search.dir.create'. Also, it makes use of the 'copy' code for when
simple renaming doesn't work.

Finally, I've also taken note of Mark's reason for using a temporary
directory - to ensure that the existing index isn't disabled until the
new index has finished generating - and ensured that the web application
can't attempt to swap in an 'offline' index before it is fully generated
(the current patch can attempt to do this too early).

I should have this tested very soon, and hopefully that will resolve the
situation you are finding.