On 2/27/07, Jeffrey Trimble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We are setting up a third server, for testing purposes and this is
> what happened
> when we attempted to create the administrator account:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError:
> org.postgresql.Driver (un
> recognized class file version)

At a guess, the postgresql.jar isn't right (or isn't present). I have
been known to forget to copy it from [dspace]/lib into
[dspace-source]/lib before I get a new version of DSpace up and
running. (Are you running the same version of Postgres on all your
machines? If not, then the problem may be that the postgresql.jar from
another machine won't work on this new one.)

Take care of postgresql.jar, restart Tomcat, and see if that doesn't
fix it. Anybody else got better ideas?

Dorothea