Hello Nina,

did you follow the instructions in docs/configure.html#statistics?

Do you got log files in your [dspace-install]/log?

To enable statistics

1. change all the perl skripts in your
[dspace-source]/bin
* stat-general
* stat-initial
* stat-monthly
* stat-report-general
* stat-report-initial
* stat-report-monthly

Especially change these lines:

$dsrun = "/dspace/bin/dsrun";
$in_directory = "/dspace/log/";
$out_directory = "/dspace/reports/";

Supposing you got DSpace installed in C:\dspace, you should have
something like this:

$dsrun = "C:/dspace/bin/dsrun.bat";
$in_directory = "C:/dspace/log/";
$out_directory = "C:/dspace/reports/";

2. run ant init_configs

3. run
C:\dspace\bin\stat-general
C:\dspace\bin\stat-monthly
C:\dspace\bin\stat-report-general
C:\dspace\bin\stat-report-monthly

Claudia

nina joseph schrieb:
> Hi Claudia,
>   Yes, I have made the following changes to my dstat config file
>

>   # the log directory to be analyzed
>   dspace.log=/dspace/log/
>

>   # the name and url of the service being reported on
>   host.name=localhost
>   host.url=http://localhost:8080/dspace
>
>   and then from dspace/bin dorectory I have run those perl scripts.
>
>   Please let me know what I am missing
>
>   Thank you
>   NIna
>

> Claudia Jürgen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  Hi Nina,
>
> it seems as if your log files are not evaluated. The item count is done
> via the database.
>
> Did you change dstat to point to the directory where the log files
> reside (see prior mail, you had an URL there not a directory)?
>
> Claudia
>

> nina joseph schrieb:
>> Hi Claudia,
>> Thank you for the information. I am able to get statistical reports page for
>> my dspace. But I am getting zero counts for the entire category except for
>> the items archived. Do I have to set something to get other information’s
>> like User logins, Items viewed and words searched e.t.c
>>
>> Thank you
>> Nina
>>

>> Claudia Jürgen wrote: Hi Nina,
>>

>> first, please use the dspace-mailing lists and not my private address
>> for dspace related questions. Otherwise people with the same questions
>> are not able to follow up the threads.
>>
>>> # the log directory to be analysed
>>> http://localhost:8080/dspace
>> this line refers to the directory where the logs of the dspace
>> installation are stored.
>>

>>> And then
>>> I typed the following commands
>>> C:\dspce\bin >dsrun stat-initial
>>>
>>> But it gives classnot found error. Is it because I have dspace on Windows
>>> XP operating system?
>> Naturally these are perl scripts no java classes. As you can see in the
>> documentation, they are simply invoked via [dspace]/bin/name, provided
>> that you got perl installed.
>>
>> exerpt from dspace docs
>>
>> # Run stat analyses
>> [dspace]/bin/stat-general
>> [dspace]/bin/stat-monthly
>> [dspace]/bin/stat-report-general
>> [dspace]/bin/stat-report-monthly
>>
>> Note that Perl needs to be installed in order to run the statistical
>> reports.
>>

>> Claudia
>>

>>> Thank you
>>> NIna
>>>

>>> Claudia Juergen wrote: Hi Nina,
>>>
>>> the base documentation for the statistical reports resides in the
>>> documentation:
>>> dspace/docs/configure.html#statistics
>>>
>>> For further information run:
>>> [dspace]/bin/dsrun org.dspace.app.statistics.LogAnalyser -help
>>> [dspace]/bin/dsrun org.dspace.app.statistics.ReportGenerator -help
>>>

>>> You must edit the scripts in [dspace]/bin
>>> stat-general
>>> stat-initial
>>> stat-monthly
>>> stat-report-general
>>> stat-report-initial
>>> stat-report-monthly
>>>
>>> In order that statistical reports are generated regularly and thus kept up
>>> to date you should set up the following cron jobs:
>>>
>>> # Run stat analyses
>>> 0 1 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-general
>>> 0 1 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-monthly
>>> 0 2 * * * [dspace]/bin/stat-report-general