  From: Jose Blanco
  To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 8:11 PM
  Subject: [Dspace-tech] compilation warning.

  As of my upgrade to 1.4.1, I get the following warning when I build the war
file:

      [javac]
/l1/dspace/build/prod/dspace/src/org/dspace/app/oai/DIDLCrosswalk.java:55:
warning: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release

      [javac] import sun.misc.BASE64Encoder;

      [javac]                ^

      [javac]
/l1/dspace/build/prod/dspace/src/org/dspace/app/oai/DIDLCrosswalk.java:238:
warning: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release

      [javac]                                     BASE64Encoder
encoder=(BASE64Encoder) Class.forName("sun.misc.BASE64Encoder").newInstance();

      [javac]                                     ^

      [javac]
/l1/dspace/build/prod/dspace/src/org/dspace/app/oai/DIDLCrosswalk.java:238:
warning: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a
future release

      [javac]                                     BASE64Encoder
encoder=(BASE64Encoder) Class.forName("sun.misc.BASE64Encoder").newInstance();

      [javac]                                                            ^

      [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

      [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

  [javac] 3 warnings

  Should I change my build command to include  -Xlint:deprecation, like shown
below?

  /l/local/bin/ant -Xlint:deprecation -Dconfig=/a_directory/dspace.cfg
build_wars

  Many thanks!

  Jose

This email has been scanned by Postini.