On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 11:43 +0100, James Rutherford wrote:
> I don't see what's so unusual or undesirable about colons. The reasoning
> behind doing it this way was so that the value after "/uri/" is the
> canonical form of the identifier.

The colon is a reserved character, and in this example would have to be
encoded to be strictly valid according to the specifications - which
would then mean it isn't the canonical form.

Not encoding the colon will have the potential to cause problems with
proxies, firewalls, etc.

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com