Jose (and others interested in TechMDExtractor),

I believe it does both... but this code is very experimental, very
untested and very out-of-date.

We need to migrate this codebase up into our SVN repository, then it
will be available to others to checkout anonymously.  But its
important to point out that this particular codebase has not been in
development for almost a year now and isn't really planned to move
forward. We actually have a new thread of work that Larry Stone has
been working on that is a replacement of the DSpace BitstreamFormat
infrastructure.

http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/BitstreamFormat_Renovation

For the time being it will use Jove for certain validation/detection
tasks.

Cheers,
Mark Diggory

On Jun 18, 2007, at 11:59 AM, Jose Blanco wrote:

> I'm considering using
>
> http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/TechMDExtractor
>

> and it seems like this code offers two things:
>
> 1.  A command line to check bitstrams using jhove,
>
> AND
>
> 2.  Code that can be used during the submission process to check
> bitstreams
> being submitted ( what I think is the preingest code ).
>
> Is this right?  Or is it just 1?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jose

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Office: E25-131
Phone: (617) 253-1096