Hi Jayan!

Postgresql ANALYZE option is very useful: it calculate statistics for the query optimizer. It is very speedy. VACUUM is a lot slower and reclaims internal unused space. It is useful if you have deleted a lot of data. It does not make any data change or logical change. If the DSpace delete does not clean its data correctly, VACUUM will not change anything.

I suspect DSpace may keep handle records to never reallocate handles to different documents.

One way to do anything you want (at your own risks) is to use pgAdmin III to make any change you need at SQL level. Just remind that items are also indexed by Lucene and you will have to run the DSIndexer if you change any text field.

Have a nice week-end!

Christophe

Jayan Chirayath Kurian a écrit :
Hi! Mika,

I was able to try backup and reinstate dspace. Thanks.

I deleted few items from DSpace. I believe their handle details still exist in postgres.
I executed VACUUMDB and then the display in the DOS command line was "VACCUM".
I hope the command was executed successfully. IS there any way to flush out the items
that are permanently deleted from DSPace. Does vacuumdb remove deleted collections/items
which are permanently deleted and not shown on the DSpace GUI collection/item interface.
Please suggest.

Thanks,
jayan