On 7/14/07, Twaha Daudi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dorothea,
> Thanks for your reply.
> Sorry for not making it clear.My institutions is looking for free digital
> library software.The intention is to digitize the existing printed materials
> and make them available online.

Either DSpace or Greenstone would be an acceptable choice for this use.

DSpace is somewhat better on document preservation; Greenstone has
advantages in end-user usability and flexibility.

I would recommend trying both; it is possible to crosswalk items
between them, so time spent ingesting material into one will not be
lost.

Dorothea

--
Dorothea Salo                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Digital Repository Librarian      AIM: mindsatuw