Hi,

Haven't heard of that one before! If you are going to
http://hdl.handle.net/xxxxx and getting a 403, then it sounds like there
is either a problem with your access to the handle.net proxy (nothing to
do with your DSpace installation), or the handle is resolving, and it is
forwarding to your DSpace instance which is then giving the 403.

If it's the latter - and it probably is - then the url in the browser
should have changed to that of your DSpace instance (or, with Firefox,
you could use the LiveHTTPHeaders addon, and you would see the redirect
from the handle proxy).

It might be that your dspace.url is wrong in your dspace.cfg file - is
it definitely the url of your installation, and is it referencing the
right protocol (http:// vs https://)?

Philip Wong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We encountered a strange handle problem after upgrading from 1.3.2 to
> 1.4.1. It's not the usual non-resolving problem. When trying to
> resolve a handle, it went into a HTTP 403 error and it displayed
>
>     "You are not authorized to view this page."
>
> Our IP, server name, the config.dct file and the handle.prefix
> remained the same in upgrading.
>
> The error log looks normal:
> "2007/08/09 11:51:22 HKT" 25 Started new run.
> Saving global values to: /home/dspace/.handle/root_info
> "2007/08/09 11:51:23 HKT" 50 unspecified max_handlers count, using
> default: 200
> and the handle process is running:
> dspace    2543  0.0  0.4  4196 1024 ?        S    11:51   0:00 /bin/sh
> /dspace/bin/dsrun -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-handle-plugin.properties
> net.handle.server.Main /dspace/handle-server
> All other areas are fine after upgrading to 1.4 except this handle
> resolving problem.
> We tried solving by killing the processes and reboot but the problem
> persists. Does anyone get any idea?
> Thanks!!
>
> Philip Wong
> Library, CityU of Hong Kong