Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, as I would feel pretty dumb if that was the problem) that was just a typo on my own part in the email - not in dspace.cfg

I'm still at a loss...

Shane Beers
Digital Repository Services Librarian
George Mason University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
703-993-3742
On Oct 12, 2007, at 3:23 AM, Claudia Jürgen wrote:

Hi Shane,

if this is a cut'n paste of your changes you simply got a typo there,
> search.index.13 = edt_disc:thesis.degree.discipline

should be
search.index.13 = etd_disc:thesis.degree.discipline

sunny greetings

Claudia

Shane Beers schrieb:
I am having issues with my search results when using the advanced search in our archive. I have added the "thesis" metadata schema to handle ETD documents, and these documents work great normally. I have edited the dspace.cfg to add:
search.index.13 = edt_disc:thesis.degree.discipline
Following that, I edited the advanced.jsp in <dspace-source> to add the appropriate element, with the following section in each of the three search box areas: <option value="etd_disc" <%= field1.equals("etd_disc") ? "selected= \"selected\"\"" : "" %>><fmt:message key="jsp.search.advanced.type.etd_disc"/></option> And then added in the appropriate element in Messages.properties, rebuilt, reindexed and all that. The field appears correctly, but when searching for terms that I know are there, I get no results. Additionally, a strange thing happens when no results are found that does not happen with any other search field - all 3 search boxes switch to "Degree Discipline" (the term I used in Messages.properties). This is just something I noticed that may help in a diagnosis. I'm not certain if I'm missing something or not, but I would really like this search index to function correctly.