Dear all,

We are happy to announce the beta release of the IRStats package - a
tool for analysing usage of institutional repositories.

http://trac.eprints.org/projects/irstats/wiki

Please see the examples page for demonstrations of IRStats:
http://trac.eprints.org/projects/irstats/wiki/Examples

Headline features:
- Repository agnostic design - currently supports DSpace and GNU EPrints
- Aggressive filtering of robots and other automated agents (using
AWStats and bespoke techniques)
- Analyse groups of eprints based on a simple CSV-format specification -
by-author, by-school etc.

IRStats is released as Open Source under a BSD license.

If you experience any problems using IRStats please get in contact. I'm
keen to get contributions from the DSpace community - I believe there's
a number of existing statistics activities going on for DSpace and I'm
happy to discuss how best to make use of your experience.

Tim Brody
- http://www.eprints.org/