Tim,

Obviously there has to be binding between the JSP interface and the
processing class - however, I don't see why that needs to be a class
extended from the main processing class.

So, like xmlui, you could just specify a 'binding' class that implements
the JSP binding interface (doPreProcessing / doPostProcessing), and the
controller can simply call that around the main processing class. This
binding implementation could also include the path to the review JSP
(getReviewJSP) - it already encapsulates the submission form.

There is no reason for the heading to be a full key name - it can just
be a description, and the controller for the XML or JSP interface can
prefix it with 'jsp.submit.' or 'xmlui.Submission.' as appropriate. It
would mean changing the full key used in at least one of the JSP or XML
interfaces, but as that means better harmonisation between the
interfaces, that's no bad thing.

The net result would be a configuration that looks something like:

<step>
<heading>general.progress.describe</heading>
<processing-class>org.dspace.submit.step.DescribeStep</processing-class>
<jsp-binding>org.dspace.app.webui.submit.step.DescribeStepBinding</jsp-binding>
<xmlui-binding>org.dspace.app.xmlui.aspect.submission.submit.DescribeStepBinding</xmlui-binding>
<workflow-editable>true</workflow-editable>
</step>

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com