Hi,

The problem is that a document has been written to your Lucene indexes
that hasn't got a handle.

You could update the DSIndexer to check if the handle is null first, but
with the other changes to how the indexes are populated in 1.5, you
would be best off simply recreating your index from scratch. To do so,
just run:

/dspace/bin/dsrun org.dspace.search.DSIndexer -b

Chad Hansen wrote:
> I have just upgraded to 1.5 (after checking out and building the source). I
> also ran the 14-15 sql script on my existing database.
> The only visible problem I have run into is when I try to re-index. After
> running /dspace/bin/index-all I get the following output:
>
> Creating browse index
> Creating search index
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Handle is null
>         at
> org.dspace.handle.HandleManager.findHandleInternal(HandleManager.java:376)
>         at
> org.dspace.handle.HandleManager.resolveToObject(HandleManager.java:224)
>         at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.cleanIndex(DSIndexer.java:635)
>         at org.dspace.search.DSIndexer.main(DSIndexer.java:548)
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the
original intended recipient. BioMed Central Limited does not accept liability
for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly
made on behalf of BioMed Central Limited. No contracts may be concluded on
behalf of BioMed Central Limited by means of e-mail communication. BioMed
Central Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 3680030
Registered Office Middlesex House, 34-42 Cleveland Street, London W1T 4LB
This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com