Hi

I am in the process of updating a 1.2.1 Dspace installation to 1.5
I am not at 1.4 and there are some issues that I have a hard time to figure out.

The first one is that, for instance, on the Browse by Title page, the special
characters
in the entries show up like

2006    ‘Controlled by Canadians’ – Public process and the CRTC:
Public
participation, the community channel, and the regulation of Canada’s
broadcasting
system
2005    ’Feel It, Don’t Think: the Significance of Affect in the
Study of
Digital Games
2006    “Second image reversed” reexamined

while this is still OK in the old 1.2.1 installation:

2006    ‘Controlled by Canadians’ – Public process and the CRTC: Public
participation, the
community channel, and the regulation of Canada’s broadcasting system
2005    ’Feel It, Don’t Think: the Significance of Affect in the Study of
Digital Games
2006    “Second image reversed” reexamined

I have activated UTF-8 in Tomcat's server.xml ..
AND there is a JAVA_OPTS environment variable: JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512M -Xms64M
-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8"

I'm using Postgres 8.1 so that should have standard UTF support

.. any idea where else this might go wrong?

TIA

Ms. Maike Dulk - Programmer / Analyst
McPherson Library, University of Victoria
(t) 250-886-5709 / (e) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-- Harthon gerithach aeair vilui / I hope you will have kind seas