In addition to answers you might get through this list, make sure to get
a copy of the ARL publication "SPEC Kit 292: Institutional Repositories
July 2006" (ISBN 1-59407-708-8) which includes a survey of hardware used
in IR installations, including DSpace.

It is a useful publication to have on hand...