All the short descriptions for the communities and collections are filled. I
think it gives a different error for no description?

We did have this problem, when I first enabled the rss feeds, so I made sure I'd
filled out all the short descriptions then.

             Conal Tuohy
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .nz>                                                            To
             Sent by:                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             dspace-tech-bounces                                             cc
             @lists.sourceforge.         dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
             net                                                        Subject
                                         Re: [Dspace-tech] Manakin RSS errors

             02/05/2008 11:33 AM

              Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                     nz

We had the same problem here though in our case the "Short Description"
field was typically blank. We found that if we inserted something (even
a space) in the "Short Description" field, then the problem was solved.

On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 10:26 +0930, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a rather weird problem, which I've reached the end of my limit of
> expertise.  On our site, I've enabled the rss feeds, and currently all the
feeds
> for each community and collection (and the whole site), on the JSPUI side are
> working.
>
> The problem is the manakin side. Yesterday, there were only one community
feed,
> and two collection feeds working, while all the other feeds were giving an
error
> (I've included it below). Today, after I've restarted tomcat, three different
> collection feeds are working now and all the others are gone. It seems to be
> pretty random, some of them are big collections, some of them are small.
>
> I traced it to com.sun.syndication.io.impl.RSS20Generator  where it seems to
be
> something with the description, but all the collections and communities have
> descriptions, and if they didn't, I'm assuming that the JSPUI would have made
> fuss.
>
> Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks
> Jennifer
>

> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to process pipeline
>              at <map:serialize type="xml"> -
> file:/usr/local/dspace/tomcat/webapps/manakindev/sitemap.xmap:301:32
>              at <map:transform type="i18n"> -
> file:/usr/local/dspace/tomcat/webapps/manakindev/sitemap.xmap:297:33
>              at <map:generate type="DSpaceFeedGenerator"> -
> file:/usr/local/dspace/tomcat/webapps/manakindev/sitemap.xmap:293:46
>              at

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException.throwLocated(ProcessingException.java:144)
>              at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.handleException(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:951)

--
Conal Tuohy
New Zealand Electronic Text Centre