From: Conal Tuohy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 15 May 2008 3:31 PM
To: Gary Browne; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Keeping the database information of Dspace1.4.2to 1.5

Hi Gary and Vincent

I expect you've already solved your problem by now, but for the record, in case
anyone has the same problem when upgrading to 1.5, I also had the problem
(after an upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5) that the browse did not work, although I
could see the list of communities and collections.

In the logs I could see a JDBC exception that the "bi_item" table did not
exist. I eventually worked out I had forgotten to run the browse indexer
program:

[dspace]/bin/index-init

This is actually covered in the documentation for dspace 1.5's - in point 13
in "update.html", but I had missed it. Once I ran the indexer, everything
worked.

Hope this helps someone!

Con

--