Hi,

   we have derived prefix for the Handle system. The prefix is
"10338.dmlcz". So the handles are like 10338.dmlcz/123. I have just
started handle server which gives me "handle not found" for any handle.

   I went deep into the code and I have found something wrong. The
problematic is MAYBE the method Util.decodeString() in HandlePlugin. I
have to stress MAYBE. Because this method returns the handle where all
letters are capital - input argument for the method is byte[]. The
method simply calls the constructor String(byte[], ...). So maybe the
handle server gives bad parameter (I don't wnat to believe that the String
constructor is bad).

Returned handle looks like this:

10338.DMLCZ/123

   Consequently no object is found in database and the resolution does not
work (because there's no such handle).

   I have simple fix for this:

Util.decodeString().toLowerCase();

   But this is not general solution. If anybody is familiar with Handle.net
you can investigate it deeper. I'm using handle.jar which is default in
1.4.2 version of DSpace.

   cheers

   Vlastik

Vlastimil Krejčíř
Library and Information Centre, Institute of Computer Science
Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Email: krejcir (at) ics (dot) muni (dot) cz
Phone: +420 549 49 3872
ICQ: 163963217
Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]