Hello Paul,

I hope you are at the configuration stage of DSpace config file. This
link gives step-by-step instructions to install DSpace on windows. The
screenshots will take a bit to appear.

I have copied in the relevant portion incase the link doesn't work.

http://casin.ncsi.iisc.ernet.in/dspace/dspacewindows.htm

[TAKEN FROM THE ABOVE LINK]

Installation of Dspace

Download Dspace source and extract into a directory like C:\Dspace
(Rename to Dspace)

Copy the PostgreSQL JDBC driver C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.1\jdbc\postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar

to C:\Dspace\lib folder

Open the file C:\Dspace\config\dspace.cfg and make changes

dspace.dir = C:/dspace

dspace.url = http://IP_No_of_Machine or hostname/:8080/dspace

dspace.hostname =  hostname or IP No of M/C

dspace.name = DSpace repository name (like [EMAIL PROTECTED])

config.template.log4j.properties = c:/dspace/config/log4j.properties

config.template.log4j-handle-plugin.properties =
c:/dspace/config/log4j-handle-plugin.properties

config.template.oaicat.properties = c:/dspace/config/oaicat.properties

mail.server=host or IP no of your server

mail.from.address = [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Go to command prompt (Start->Run then type cmd)

ant  fresh_install

Create Initial Administrator Account

run the command

dsrun org.dspace.administer.CreateAdministrator

Supply the password

Copy the files dspace.war and dspace-oai.war from the folder
C:\Dspace\build to

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps folder

Restart tomcat (Start->Programs->Apache Tomcat 5.5->Monitor
Tomcat->Restart)

Open browser and browse the URL http://IP_No_of_Machine:8080/dspace