Hi Adam,

> I'm looking for the best web hosting company in north America to host my
> DSpace application (Linux/Unix, Tomcat & Oracle/Postgress). Do anyone have a
> such experience with a provider in USA or Canada? please help me.

Do you mind me asking what you are running DSpace for? Your requirements
will obviously differ if you are just looking for a standard hosting account
in order for you run a small personal installation or if you are working for
a large organisation that needs a well-tuned and well-run DSpace service.

Because DSpace is not just a standard small application and you need a good
level of control over the server, my preference is for a virtual host. This
way you get full control over your server. I personally have an account with
SliceHost (http://www.slicehost.com/) for this sort of thing.

Again, depending upon your requirements, you might find you can run a small
DSpace instance on a server with 256MB of RAM (512 will definitely be OK -
this is what one of our old test servers has) but if you want a fully loaded
production service the you'll want more RAM.

If it suits what you want, there are also hosted options for DSpace from
companies such as BioMed Central: http://www.openrepository.com/

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860