Hi Jewel,

> I am brand new to Dspace and today was able to successfully get a
> working install up and running. I am not sure which of the following
> events caused my "Internal System Error" but this is what I did:
>
> I was navigating through the site and was able to log with the admin
> account I created and recieved an error that I was not able to submit a
> collection. I then made the mistake of trying to rename the "jspui"
> folder in the weapps directly under tomcat and restarted the service.
> After restarting tomcat I then recieved the error.  I have not
> configured anything yet regarding the mail server.  I have looked in
> several log files but have not had any success finding out what's
> wrong.   I tested my database connection and it's successful.  I haven't
> changed anything in my  dspace.cfg file of server.xml file under tomcat
> after it broke.

If you ever see the DSpace 'Internal System Error' page, view the HTML
source for the page, and very often it includes the error description (Java
stack trace) just under the following tags: <h1>Internal System Error</h1>

If you send the stack trace to us, it should have enough information in to
help us diagnose the problem.

In a small number of cases it will say that a stack trace is unavailable. In
this case you'll need to look in the log files.

The log file to look at is:

 - [dspace]/log/dspace.log

Go to the bottom of the file and there should be a stack trace (assuming
you've not used DSpace since the error occurred). Again, if you can send the
stack trace to this list, then we can see what is going on.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860