Hi all,

I have a custom authentication method that works in DSpace 1.5.1 JSPUI
but does not work in the XMLUI.  Essentially this is a custom method
that sends a user to a CAS login page and back for further validation
of the CAS ticket.  The root issue seems to be that I am losing
essential parameters in the HTTP request, and that is where my
casticket is supposed to be.  That is, at my institution, the CAS
server tags the CAS ticket string onto the end of the URL that CAS is
going to send the browser back to. So, when this works in JSPUI, I go
to the CAS login server, and when it comes back to DSpace, it will
always look something like:

.../dspace/mydspace?casticket=ST-205536...(some long string)

That 'casticket' parameter is essential for everything that happens
I am in the process, and I don't have a ticket ID to validate against
the CAS server.

In the XMLUI, I am losing that casticket parameter. The browser goes
off to the CAS login server, and then comes back to DSpace/XMLUI and
goes down through the stack methods again.  Problem is, on this second
time around, I don't have that casticket parameter in the URL, even
though the CAS server is sticking it onto the end of the return URL. It
seems as though something at a lower level is replacing the URL or
doing some redirect I can't see.

I have stuck debug statements into my method, and a request for the
casticket parameter always comes up empty:

final String casticket = request.getParameter("casticket");
log.info(LogManager.getHeader(context, "loginPageURL", "casticket is: "
+ casticket));

(From the log file:)
...loginPageURL:casticket is: null

Any ideas as to why I lose that parameter in the request in the XMLUI?
Again, this works in the JSPUI.