Hi John,

> I¹m struggling to find any information on which pages I need to place the
> google analytics code. We are using dspace 1.5.
> Any advice would be much appreciated.

Are you using the JSPUI or the XMLUI?

In the JSPUI:
-------------
 - Make sure the following 'overlay' directory exists (it might not):

[dspace-src]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/webapp

 - In there you can put customised jsps, in the same directory layout as for
the main application

 - In there, make another directory called layout

 - Copy the file [dspace-src]/dspace-jspui/dspace-jspui-webapp/
src/main/webapp/layout/footer-default.jsp into the new layout directory

 - Edit the file, and insert the tracking javascript code that Google
provide you with just before the </body>

(mvn package, ant update etc).

In the XMLUI:
-------------
 - Open dspace.cfg and edit the following section:

# If you would like to use google analytics to track general website
statistics then
# use the following parameter to provide your analytics key. First sign up
for an
# account at http://analytics.google.com, then create an entry for your
repositories
# website. Analytics will give you a snipit of javascript code to place on
your site,
# inside that snip it is your google analytics key usually found in the
line:
# _uacct = "UA-XXXXXXX-X"
# Take this key (just the UA-XXXXXX-X part) and place it here in this
parameter.
#xmlui.google.analytics.key=UA-XXXXXX-X

 - Restart tomcat, and it should be there.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860