Grave problem related to chooser.jsp (Or whatever code that calls it).

The problem that caused the connection pool to get exhausted in our
production site can be reproduced by taking Dspace's current Trunk and
enabling at least 2 Autentication methods that have loginURLs (ie.:
PasswordAuthentication and LDAPAuthentication).

Then just go to a page where chooser.jsp is called and hit a 3 or 4
refreshs. In my machine usually it takes less than 30 secs the
following message appears:

2008-11-26 18:09:57,494 ERROR org.dspace.dao.GlobalDAO @ Um erro de
E/S ocorreu ao enviar para o processo do servidor.
2008-11-26 18:09:57,494 WARN  org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager
@ Already closed.
2008-11-26 18:09:57,516 ERROR org.dspace.dao.GlobalDAO @ Um erro de
E/S ocorreu ao enviar para o processo do servidor.
2008-11-26 18:09:57,516 WARN  org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager
@ Already closed.

And the following is outputed in the tomcat console: (might be one of
the empty SQLExceptions catch where i have put e.printStackTrace(), so
might not appear for you)

java.sql.SQLException: Already closed.
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection.close(PoolableConnection.java:84)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDriver$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper.close(PoolingDriver.java:269)
        at
org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager.freeConnection(DatabaseManager.java:566)
        at
org.dspace.dao.postgres.GlobalDAOPostgres.abortTransaction(GlobalDAOPostgres.java:105)
        at org.dspace.core.Context.abort(Context.java:381)
        at org.dspace.core.Context.finalize(Context.java:504)
        at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:83)
        at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:14)
        at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:160)

That's ok for me, not scared by ugly messages, but the fun part is to
use Apache's JMeter against one of these pages where choose.jsp is
called:

I am making the test with 20 simultaneous users and loop count of 5
(and the default 30 connections in the pool). And the pool gets
exhausted very quickly.

Kudos,
Flávio Botelho