Hello.

At OhioLINK we're doing something similar in the xmlui.
FLV video files are displayed in the browser, and the user
can click the "play" button to show the video.

There's a rough outline of our setup on the DSpace Wiki, here:
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_1.5_XMLUI_FLV_Video_Progressive_Download/

Keith Gilbertson
Systems Developer
OhioLINK