Thanks for reply

What i dit is:

My Operating System : Ubuntu 9.4

sudo apt-get install java-1.6.0-sun

sudo useradd -m dspace
sudo passwd dspace

sudo mkdir /dspace-1.5.2-src-release
sudo chown dspace /dspace-1.5.2-src-release

$sudo su postgres
createuser -U postgres -d -A -P dspace
createdb -U dspace -E UNICODE  dspace

then

sudo vi /dspace-1.5.2-src-release/dspace/config/dspace.cfg

I changed

dspace.dir = /dspace-1.5.2-src-release
dspace.url = http://localhost:8080/xmlui
db.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/dspace

sudo su - dspace
$ cd  /dspace-1.5.2-src-release/dspace/

dsp...@lewatle-desktop:/dspace-1.5.2-src-release/dspace$ mvn package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin)
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Wing-Framework
[INFO]   DSpace Kernel :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: API and Core Aspects
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace LNI
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Core Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace OAI
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: API and Implementation
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: Web Application Resources
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: CLI Client Application
[INFO]   DSpace Assembly and Configuration
[INFO] Building DSpace XML-UI (Manakin)
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-site-plugin/2.0-beta-6/maven-site-plugin-2.0-beta-6.pom

the command maven never completed it was just showing Downloading until when it
terminated. complaining about the repository. my repository from synaptic
package manager works well. but mvn package it doesn' t complete download.

From here i started to get errors with other steps .

Regards

Lewatle

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 01:33:42PM +0200, Lewatle Phaladi wrote:
> I am struggling on dspace installation on ubuntu can everyone assist, please
> sent me installation manual that can be very easy, i want to use dspace 1.5.2
> on ubuntu 9.4.
>
> I installed all prerequisites and i am not able to finish on dspace.

Two things will help you to get useful answers:

o  Don't Reply to a message that has no connection with your problem.
   Often this is expressed:  "don't hijack threads".  If you are
   presenting a new question, start a new thread.

o  Do tell us what your specific problem is.  "I am not able to
   finish" tells us nothing that we can act on.  Step by step:

   o  What did you do?  (What command did you enter, or what feature
      of a GUI panel did you activate, or suchlike?)

   o  What did you expect to happen?

   o  What happened instead?  Please include details, such as literal
      text of messages or dialogs.

   o  Why do you believe that was wrong?

DSpace, Tomcat (or your other servlet container), PostgreSQL or
Oracle, and your OS all write message logs.  You can find a lot of
useful information by gathering up the relevant entries from those
logs.  We may need to see it too.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.

is intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the
original message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without
the permission of the University. Only authorized signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in