Thank you Larry. I did try with the DSpaceSIP_Toolkit to create a SIP and
tried ingesting through LNI.
*I have this metadata in the mets.xml file. ANd I have given the DMD
elements as required. It still gives me an error *

*2009-07-15 06:20:52,492 ERROR org.dspace.app.dav.DAVServlet @
org.dspace.app.dav.DAVStatusException:
org.dspace.content.packager.PackageValidationException: Item cannot be
created without the required "title" DC metadata.
org.dspace.app.dav.DAVStatusException:
org.dspace.content.packager.PackageValidationException: Item cannot be
created without the required "title" DC metadata.
at org.dspace.app.dav.DAVCollection.put(DAVCollection.java:545)
at org.dspace.app.dav.DAVServlet.serviceInternal(DAVServlet.java:578)
at org.dspace.app.dav.LNISoapServlet.doPut(LNISoapServlet.java:157)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:650)
at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:875)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

This is the part of my metadata file.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<mets ID="mets_2" OBJID="777" LABEL="DSpace Item" PROFILE="DSpace METS SIP
Profile 1.0" xmlns="http://www.loc.gov/METS/"; xmlns:xlink="
http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:dc="
http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"; xsi:schemaLocation="
http://www.loc.gov/METS/ http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets/mets.xsd";>
 <metsHdr CREATEDATE="2009-07-15T03:56:40">
  <agent ROLE="OTHER" OTHERROLE="Owner" TYPE="ORGANIZATION">
   <name>Cerner</name>
  </agent>
 </metsHdr>
 <dmdSec ID="dmd_4" GROUPID="dmd_group_1">
  <mdWrap MDTYPE="MODS">
   <xmlData>
    <dc:title>dspace</dc:title>
<dc:date>2002</dc:date>
<dc:creator>Edminster, Judith Rhoades.</dc:creator>
<dc:publisher>University of South Florida</dc:publisher>
<dc:subject>blah</dc:subject>
<dc:description>blah</dc:description>
<dc:language>English</dc:language>
   </xmlData>
  </mdWrap>
 </dmdSec>
 <amdSec ID="techMd_for_bitstream__7">
  <techMD ID="tech_8">
   <mdWrap MDTYPE="PREMIS">
    <xmlData xmlns:premis="http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis";><premis:premis
xmlns:premis="http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis";>
  <premis:object>
    <premis:objectIdentifier>
      <premis:objectIdentifierType>URL</premis:objectIdentifierType>

 <premis:objectIdentifierValue>dspace.txt</premis:objectIdentifierValue>
    </premis:objectIdentifier>
    <premis:objectCategory>File</premis:objectCategory>
    <premis:objectCharacteristics>
      <premis:size>18077</premis:size>
    </premis:objectCharacteristics>
    <premis:originalName>dspace.txt</premis:originalName>
  </premis:object>
</premis:premis></xmlData>

Could you help on figuring what is wrong?

Thanks
Vidya

*
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Larry Stone <l...@mit.edu> wrote:

> See these pages for an easy way to get started making SIPs.  A package is
> just a manifest plus content files, so it can contain anything so long as
> the METS manifest describes it accurately.
>
> http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/DSpace_SIP_Toolkit
> http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Simple_LNI_Client
>
> As for the LNI, when originally written it supported workflow and it's in
> the architecture but I don't know how recently it has been tested.
>  Submitting to a collection with workflow is no different, but there are
> also some URLs to access workflow objects. See the original documentation
> here:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/lcs/www/lni/
>
> The version on the wiki is badly mutilated and hard to read, it never got
> repaired after a failed wiki format conversion.
>
> /lcs
>

> On Jul 14, 2009, at 8:01 AM, Vidya R wrote:
>

>> I am testing with DSpace version - 1.5.1 and am working to integrate our
>> LMS to the DSpace repository through LNI. I waould want add different types
>> of content through the interface.
>>  I have successfully run the LNI with the smoke test and have been
>> successful in ingesting a few contents of PDF type into the repository.
>> I find that in order to ingest other contents through LNI, they need to be
>> converted to SIP - conforming to METS / MODs package format.
>> Could anyone explain if I can ingest any type of content through METS
>> package format?
>>
>> Also I would want to know if I can use LNI to ingest items to collections
>> configured with workflows. I get an error : the item is in state = 3.
>> unknown.
>> If I alter the existing LNI code will it be possible for me to ingest
>> items with workflow?
>> Workflow of contents is one of our basic requirements. Please reply.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vidya

Keep ur face to the sunshine and u'll never see a shadow.