Hi Jaime,

the language displayed as selection is not a language tag in the message catalogue.

It is set in

[dspace-src]/dspace-jspui/dspace-jspui-webapp/src/main/webapp/home.jsp

for (int i = supportedLocales.length-1; i >= 0; i--)
{
%>
        <a class ="langChangeOn"

onclick="javascript:document.repost.locale.value='<%=supportedLocales[i].toString()%>';
                  document.repost.submit();">
<%= supportedLocales[i].getDisplayLanguage(supportedLocales[i])%>
        </a> &nbsp;
<%
}

using java.util.Locale.getDisplayLanguage(Locale locale)

If you want to change this, copy home.jsp to [dspace-src]/dspace/modules/jspui/src/main/webapp/home.jsp
Change the copied version, rebuild and redeploy.

The available message catalogues are pulled from the maven repo during the build process, they reside in dspace-api-lang.jar (for api and jspui).

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen

Jaime Rave schrieb:
Hi, my name is Jaime Rave and I’m implementing the DSpace Software for the
Universidad del Norte in Barranquilla, Colombia.

Right now I have almost everything working, but there I’m having some
problems on the home page. The first one is that I have a menu to select the
preferred language (Español, Englsh) but instead os Español it appears as
español. I’ve been looking around all the source code and I’m not able to
find where can i change that Word. The other Word is in the frase “Esriba el
texto a buscar en DSpace.” It should be “Escriba”. I am supposed to change
it in the Message_es.properties but until now i have not found that file.

I have downloaded the dspace-1.5.2-src-release.tar.gz
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace/files/DSpace%20Stable/1.5.2/dspace-1
.5.2-src-release.tar.gz/download>  from sourceforge. So any help would be
really appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market and stay ahead of the curve. Join us from November 9&#45;12, 2009. Register now&#33;
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconf