Hello Virginia,

there is no straightforward way to "recycle" the value-pair lists in order to change the item display, browse etc.

As for the display of the iso language in the item display, that's just a small change in the ItemTag.java (supposing you are referring to the jspui).

Here is an example test installation, is it this what you want?

https://eldorado2.uni-dortmund.de/dspace151cj/handle/2003/3

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen

Virginia Knight schrieb:
I have customised my DSpace input form to show the user different values for certain fields from what is stored, using stored-value and displayed-value pairs. So the cataloguer sees 'English' for the language but 'en' is stored.

Is there a straightforward way to get 'displayed' rather than 'stored' values to come out in search/browse results as well as on the input form? (I don't mind if the 'stored value' appears on the full record - I'm thinking of the previous screen). Has anyone an example of how they did it which they would be willing to show me? It would be helpful not only for my own use of DSpace but also because I may in due course be advising others on setup.

Jessica Lindholm raised this problem at:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02444.html>
but she was using DSpace 1.4.1 not 1.5.2.

Virginia Knight
Virginia Knight, Institute for Learning and Research Technology
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 4369  Fax:  +44 (0)117 331 4396
University of Bristol, 8-10 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HH
virginia.kni...@bristol.ac.uk
Official homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/aboutus/staff?search=cmvhk
Personal homepage: http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~cmvhk/virginia.html
ILRT homepage: http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk