I think the support of HTML 5 would be advantageous, especially in the
embedded video and audio elements area, as it would be good to see the
support of open formats such as ogv and oga in an open source repository
such as DSpace.

While ogv is not the most efficient video format around at the moment,
it is starting to make progress, and oga is definitely a mature and well
established audio format even if it is not as widespread as the
proprietary MP3 format. Add to this Wikipedia's ongoing out-of-the-box
support for these open standards, and there is a good chance these
formats, especially oga, will gain some traction in the mainstream
Internet community.

Cheers

Hayden