Hi ff,

Dspace itself is not hardware demanding.
A desktop PC we bought nearly 10 years ago is running the newest version
of dspace without problem.

If you are talking about the minimum, I guess you need less than 500MB
harddisk space for installation and 1GB ram for bootup and running
various services. Besides, you need an Internet connection to install
the system. But such "minimum" starting point will bring up a barebone
dspace system only, good for evaluation and testing.

The actual requirement of production scale depends on the purpose you
are going to use the system. If there are lots of data files to store,
you need lots of harddisk space. If you have plenty of public users, you
need fast CPU, much more rams and fast Internet connection. All depends
on your budget and needs.

Best,
Allen Lam.
HKU Hub Administrator, http://hub.hku.hk