Sorry - I made a typo - all the references to "collection1" in my dspace.cfg
parameters should say "collection2".
Sue

________________________________
From: Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL SERVICES COMPANY]
[mailto:susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:13 PM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: jtrim...@cc.ysu.edu
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Can you have different metadata field labels for the
same metadata field, in different collections?

Hi Jeff,
     I just got back to this and I still can't get it to work.  Here's what I'm
trying to do:
1.      If DSpace is displaying the short-listing for Collection 1, use
webui.itemdisplay.default to determine which fields will display and what the
field labels will be.
2.      If DSpace is displaying the short-listing for Collection 2, use
webui.itemdisplay.collection2 parameters to determine which fields will display
and what the field labels will be.
Here are my parameters from dspace.cfg:
webui.itemdisplay.default = dc.title, dc.title.alternative, dc.contributor.*,
dc.contributor.corpAuthor
webui.itemdisplay.collection2 = dc.title, dc.title.alternative,
dc.contributor.*, dc.contributor.corpAuthor
# Specify which strategy use for select the style for an item
plugin.single.org.dspace.app.webui.util.StyleSelection = \
                       org.dspace.app.webui.util.CollectionStyleSelection
                       #org.dspace.app.webui.util.MetadataStyleSelection
webui.itemdisplay.collection1.collections = 2121/32806
metadata.dc.contributor.corpAuthor               = Corporate Author

Here's where I am confused.  What is the syntax for specifying the label (in
Messages.properties) for dc.contributor.corpAuthor in collection1?  I've tried
all of the following and no luck:
    collection1.dc.contributor.corpAuthor                   =
Organization/Contract
   collection1.metadata.dc.contributor.corpAuthor   = Organization/Contract
   metadata.collection1.dc.contributor.corpAuthor   = Organization/Contract

Thanks,
Sue

Re: [Dspace-tech] Can you have different metadata field labels for the same
metadata field, in different collections?

Jeffrey Trimble
Thu, 05 Nov 2009 11:18:30 -0800

Susan,

This isn't really documented very clearly or well. I had to pull an old
configuration file back from 1.3.2 days to look at this. Now, my assumption is
that it is still valid, but it will only affect the JSPUI interface. Manakin
controls the XMLUI interface and that is not done through the dspace config.
(And I'm not a big Manakin user....)

You look for webui.itemdisplay.default line.

Then you create a new one, say webui.itemdisplay.fancy= [all of the fields you
want]

Add webui.itemdisplay.fancy.collections = [handle of the collection].

As you see I have a key named "fancy" which I might throw in ALL the DC to
display. Then the next line

tells JSPUI what collections will have that display.

Hope this helps.

Jeffrey Trimble

System LIbrarian

William F.  Maag Library

Youngstown State University

330.941.2483 (Office)

jtrim...@cc.ysu.edu

http://www.maag.ysu.edu

http://digital.maag.ysu.edu

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me..."

--Litany against fear....

On Nov 5, 2009, at 12:07 PM, Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[RAYTHEON TECHNICAL