Hello,

in order to use the new field as a browse index it has to be configured, too. So apart from changing

webui.itemlist.columns
thumbnail, dc.date.issued(date), dc.title.portaria, dc.contributor.*

You got to configure the browse indices, an browse link, if wanted:

webui.browse.index.[n] = portaria:metadata:dc.title.portaria:text
webui.itemlist.sort-option.[n] = portaria:dc.title.portaria:text
webui.browse.link.[n] = portaria:dc.title.portaria

[n] indicates the next number

Furthermore you got to change your message catalogue to include the proper labels.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen