From: Jason Fowler [mailto:jfow...@sbts.edu]
Sent: 23 April 2010 03:21 PM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] PDF viever

That should be pretty easy in XMLUI using something like Google's
viewer, especially if you have no collections that need to be
authenticated. You should be able to simply make changes to your
theme.xsl file to enable it (and perhaps messages.xml). No java coding
would be necessary using this method.

You could do something very similar to what I have explained here for
the inclusion of the video tag for HTML5 pseudo streaming.

http://neoarch.wordpress.com/2009/12/15/using-the-html-5-video-tag-in-ds
pace/

Instead of embedding the video tag, you would put in code to embed the
viewer.

I am in a bit of a hurry now. If you need more information, let me know
and I can explain this more fully next week.

Blessings,

Jason Fowler, CA, MSLS
Archives and Special Collections Librarian
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
Vice President, ALABI
jfow...@sbts.edu