Hi Peter

Thanks for the respond.

Regards,

Lewatle

From: pdiet...@gmail.com [mailto:pdiet...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Peter Dietz
Sent: 10 May 2010 07:23 PM
To: Tim Donohue
Cc: Lewatle Phaladi; dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] dspace index page

Hi Lewatle,

You'll want to become intimately familiar with the documentation as it explains
a lot of things about how DSpace works.

Index browse creation: http://digital.maag.ysu.edu/jspui/doc/ch08.html#N16447

This is a note to all:

For DSpace 1.6.x and onwards, it will be "[dspace]/bin/dspace index-init" and
"[dspace]/bin/dspace index-update".

The various administrative scripts sitting in [dspace]/bin such as
[dspace]/bin/create-administrator, and [dspace]/bin/filter-media are in the
process of being deprecated (i.e. don't use), and will be removed in a future
release of DSpace as all of that functionality has been migrated into a "DSpace
launcher" which is invoked by "[dspace]/bin/dspace {command-name} {arguments}".

Peter Dietz
Systems Developer/Engineer
Ohio State University Libraries