Which version of DSpace?  And what is the specific indication that it is still
using the old prefix?

I am assuming you've restarted your DSpace instance.

--
sands fish
Software Engineer

On Aug 3, 2010, at 12:48 PM, bryce ray wrote:

I've run into a small problem when updating the handler in my dspace
configuration.

Previously the handler was set to:
handle.prefix = 123456789

I updated the handler to somehthing like:
handle.prefix = 6578

After this I ran ant and ensured it was copied to the directory properly.

I then ran update-handle-prefix to update all old handles to the new handle.

My problem is that when a new submission is made to dspace it is still using
the old handle.  Any suggestions on what I can do to get it to recognize the
new handle?