From: Kevin S. Clarke [mailto:kscla...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 4:35 PM
To: Blanco, Jose
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] searching with diacritics

There is a ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory that does this.  To use it you'd add

<filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>

to your

<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
    <analyzer type="index">
          <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>
and

     <analyzer type="query">
         <filter class="solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory"/>

Though looking at our solr config it doesn't look like we have it in
there either.  Not sure if there is a reason for not including it.

Perhaps (I'm just now looking up the docs for it) because it's been deprecated
  Cf.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters#solr.ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory)

Still, I don't see the newer version solr.ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory in
our schema.xml either.

Think I'll put it in, reindex, and test.

Kevin